Larger construction group that manages all the EPC and project finance projects for the group which includes renewable energy projects.
This role is responsible for the management of all related project Socio Economic Development (SED) obligations and reporting requirements.
Key Responsibilities: Dependent on Project Phase
- Development of the SED project commitments at tender stage.
- Ability to relate the project schedule with SED commitments
- Ability to negotiate with project developers on the contractual obligations
- Ability to negotiate with the local community and subcontractors on the contractual obligations
- Work with the developer to identify needs and produce the project SED plan for the contractor. This should be inclusive of the supplier development plans
- Assembling & compilation of the information for ED plan
- Ensure all monthly obligations are met by the projects, this includes forecasting based on current situation and working closely with the project manager to meet commitments
- Coordinate meetings with all stakeholders to ensure compliance
- Collection of all documentation for SED reporting purposes
- Compilation of all ED related reports (ED Plan, Monthly & Quarterly Reports)
- Contribute ED reports to monthly client reports.
- Management of ED plan and reporting for a various renewable energy projects
- Building-up effective and solid communication channels with local community and other stakeholders
- Minimum of a National Diploma in Social Sciences and/or Development studies or equivalent NQF level
- 5 years' experience in Economic Development related Field
- Proactive attitude with the ability to check and manage documents according to the client requirements
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to work in time constrained situations and follow tight deadlines
- Have a high sense of responsibility, professional attitude and quality focus.
- Availability to travel locally when required
Salary / Package